Dr. Jawad Kiani, FACC
Dr. Kiani is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Jawad Ghazanfar Kiani is an Interventional Cardiologist who specializes in structural, high-risk complex coronary, and complex peripheral interventions. Dr. Kiani has expertise in advanced mechanical circulatory support and enjoys the challenge of being able to provide minimally invasive percutaneous interventional options for his patients when deemed not suitable for open surgery.
Dr. Kiani received his medical degree from Aga Khan Medical College in Pakistan. Aga Khan Medical College is consistently ranked as a top private school for medical training in Pakistan. He completed his training in cardiovascular medicine at Mayo Clinic. He strongly believes in the Mayo Clinic philosophy that “the needs of the patient come first”.
Dr. Kiani has expertise in the following procedures and conditions:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- High-Risk Complex Left Main and Multi-Vessel Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention
- Atrial Septal Defect Repair
- Endovascular Stent Graft Repair of Abdominal and Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair
- WATCHMAN Left Atrial Appendage Closure
- Advanced Endovascular Interventions for Limb Salvage and Amputation Prevention
- Pulmonary Hypertension Management
In his free time, Dr. Kiani enjoys being out in nature hiking, and traveling. He loves spending time with his “son” Sheru, his beloved Shepherd dog.
Dr. Kiani holds office hours at our Tenaya, Maryland Pkwy, & South Rainbow Blvd locations.